- Well, this was meant to post yesterday but I forgot to take pictures. I think my brain has been on a mental organization break over the holidays. Time to whip it back into shape!
- It rather seems to be the fashion just now to show off all our recent acquisitions. I’d hate to be the spoiler and buck convention…no, nix that, I actually don’t mind bucking convention, as long as it doing so doesn’t place me in the spotlight…but I’m just going to share anyways.
- My family actually went a little counter-cultural and deliberately chose a small Christmas, so the only remotely bookish thing I received was the one book I most wanted:
- However, it’s not the only book that’s come into my possession lately. I, err, may have taken advantage of and unexpected site visit for work that just so happened to pass right by a bookstore. This bit was on my own time, I hasten to add! Regardless, I walked out with two new books that I think will come in very handy in 2014:
- Russian Literature 2014, I have choices! (There are quite a few novellas in the Tolstoy)
- But I’ve saved the best for last. Meet Rufus, my very own robot tea strainer. My brother knows me well–I told him he “won” Christmas. Not that it’s a competition.
- Rufus’s little arms/hands adjust to the tea cup/mug size. He works rather well, too, and oh so charming. 🙂
- I can’t believe tomorrow is the last day of 2013! I’ve been seeing lots of year-end and best-of posts. Mine’s planned for tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll start 2014 right and actually have the end-of-2013 post up in 2013.
- In the meantime, I really should try to finish up the book I’m reading that don’t really mesh with my 2014 plans. I think there’s still time…