- I didn’t mean to take such a (relatively) long break between the end of the January Children’s Classics event and, well any post, but I seem to have lost a bit of steam. I’ll blame the weather–it’s been much more conducive to hiding under covers than to reading or thinking. I wouldn’t mind the winter so much if I didn’t still have to do so much regardless–still the long commute (made longer by the bad roads; we’ve had so much snow and cold that the local road departments are all running low on road salt), still full-time working hours, still keeping up with all the miscellany of life.
- And now the Olympics. I’m afraid I enjoy watching rather too much–and watch too much, given that there’s only a few sports I actually like watching. Which means I find myself rather short on time for reading and blogging at the moment. So this may be a “I’m taking a semi-break” post. Resume full schedule after the Olympics.
- Of course, this might not stick–I’ve a post or two somewhat written in my head, so if I find a moment to get those typed up… Say, if it stops snowing long enough that I can resume taking full lunch breaks rather than shortening them up to make up time for being late in the mornings.
- And in the meantime, I can share some recent book and book-adjacent acquisitions:
- I rather enjoyed Much Ado About Nothing when I saw it early last fall, and it served to confirm my opinion that watching Shakespeare is even better than reading him.
- Although I’ve enjoyed both Hobbit films to date, true confession: I enjoy the soundtrack even more. Although, it does have the consequence of prompting me to want to watch the movies again–when’s the next DVD out?
- And well, the Faulkner–after my enthusiasm over As I Lay Dying last fall, I’m ready to begin collecting (not that I have any room on my shelves…) My dad really liked The Reivers, so hopefully it will prove a good follow-up. Not that I’m likely to get to it soon!
- And after the enthusiasm for Rufus in December, I thought I should share that he now has a friend, Oscar:
- Here’s hoping I’m back in time to post on this month’s Classics Club reading theme! (I have plans…) Happy Reading!