Pokes head in room…anyone there?
So, it’s been a while. And for a while there, due mostly to time issues, I wasn’t sure if I was going to come back here. But I made up my mind this week, and Dewey’s Readathon seemed the perfect way to ease back into the blog. (Not reading. That hasn’t been a problem.)
Not everything will be read, and perhaps only one may be even finished. (Fantastic Beasts for sure!) I’m a little late getting started, and there may even be more napping than reading. But let’s see where the day leads us, shall we? I’ll keep updating here as I go along… (and on Twitter @simplerpastimes).
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Wonderfully autumn-like (finally!) Northeast Ohio
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The two Harry Potter titles (rereads). No scratch that, All the Crooked Saints.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m a tea- and chocolate-addicted reader who seems to keep distracted by some fun new hobby, but reading will always be my true love.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
It’s been a while, but this time I’m going to be more willing to skip between books at whim. Also, I’m more open to naps.
Haven’t been solidly reading – by my reading timer only about 1.5 hrs. But I read all of Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. Haven’t decided for sure on what’s next—maybe a bit more of Blood Crime (Sebastià Alzamora), which I started earlier this week before moving onto All the Crooked Saints?
Nearly Hour 9
Got a bit sidetracked there, and have only managed about 2 hours of actual reading time over this last section, but I did make it through Part 1 of Blood Crime. That seems like a good spot to change it up, so I’m switching to All the Crooked Saints, which I’ve been looking forward to reading for quite a while now.
Hope everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am!
Time flies! And I haven’t done quite as much reading as I’d intended, but…well, I don’t have anything else to do from now until whenever I fall asleep, so there’s still plenty of time.
1. What are you reading right now?
At the moment? All the Crooked Saints, but I’ll probably be switching to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban soon.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I’ve finished (1) and read chunks of two others. I’m skipping around, so I don’t expect that I’ll finish anything else.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Hmm. Well, since it’s likely the only new book I’ll read in the second half is Harry Potter…, I’ll say that one.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Interuptions only of my own making! But laundry really must be done…
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I haven’t fallen asleep—I really thought I’d be much more tired today.